Technical writing services
As senior technical writer I have extensive experience documenting how software works. I work as a technical writer consultant and freelancer – remotely and onsite in Denmark, Europe and worldwide.
Most IT companies need some kind of technical documentation to assist users with their tasks. A good online help center (help portal), PDFs, or easily accessible online help can give users an even better experience with your product. At the same time, it can help ease the burden of your support team, because users can find answers to the most frequent questions and issues themselves. And not least, a technical writer can free key employees like developers and engineers from writing and editing tasks, giving them more time to focus on development.
What does a technical writer consultant do?
- Works as a technical writer on both small and large projects.
- Starts projects from scratch, structures information, and selects tools.
- Rewrites, restructures, and updates existing documentation.
- Translates technical jargon into plain language, but also understands that technical concepts and procedures cannot simply be changed to make content sound better.
- Writes and reviews UI texts (UX writing).
- Writes about everything from SaaS, apps, and cloud to master data management, blockchain and crypto.
- Writes both developer and end user documentation.
- Interviews developers, product owners, designers and many more.
- Enjoys trying and testing new software.
Planning, writing, and implementing documentation
I have experience as a project manager and writer on documentation projects within software, telecommunications, and industry. I have worked as a contractor for, among others, Concordium, Stibo Systems, EG, Spectralink, AlfaLaval and Ramboll. And I’ve worked as documentation manager in a development team at Microsoft .
In addition to writing, I plan and implement conversion projects where documentation is converted from one format to another. Common projects include converting FrameMaker, InDesign, or Word documents to MacCap Flare.
Docs as code
I have experience working with Markdown, reStructuredText, VS Code, and GitHub in connection with docs-as-code projects.
Types of documentation
- Online documentation
- UI text
- PDF’s (for print or online)
- User assistance
- Installation Guides
- Read me’s
- Fact sheets
- Product descriptions
- Linguistic editing
- Single sourcing
Technical writing tools
- Madcap Flare
- VS Code
Bringing technical writing to Denmark, Europe, the US, and the rest of the world.